Disney pushes back MCU releases for Black Widow, Eternals, and more for global situation.
Disney also revealed new release dates for the upcoming MCU films, as well as several large projects outside of Marvel Studios. The previous MCU film, The Eternals, was released on February 12, 2021.
That domino effect persists throughout the MCU calendar, and many of the upcoming films will slip through the 2021 release date, which was originally intended to be followed.
The new calendar ends in 2022 with a three-day release for Thor: Love & Thunder and the still-unnamed Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2.
Here is the full list of upcoming MCU films and their new release dates:
● Black Widow: November 6, 2020
● The Eternals: February 12, 2021
● Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings: May 7, 2021
● Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: November 5, 2021
● Thor: Love and Thunder: February 28, 2022
● Black Panther 2: May 8, 2022
● Captain Marvel 2: July 8, 2022
In addition to releasing new release dates for its MCU films, Disney also announced new release dates for the tent films, Mulan (July 24) and Jungle Cruises (July 30, 2021). The fifth Indiana Jones film was also pushed back until July 29, 2022.